I received a free Sparrow mattress from Nest Bedding. The Nest Sparrow mattress is a next-generation innerspring mattress. By that I mean it uses more modern technology to create a great sleep experience. The pocket coil construction helps to isolate motion but still provide some bounce. The memory foam helps to keep the mattress cool while still providing great pressure relief. The Sparrow is a great choice for people who are looking to either transition to a memory foam mattress or just want all the benefits of an innerspring with the benefits of foam as well.
Ordering the Sparrow Mattress
You can purchase the Sparrow direct from the Nest Bedding website. It arrives in a box shipped by FedEx. Even though this mattress has springs, it can still be roll packed because of the pocket coils. This is a heavy mattress. I ordered a full size and the UPS shipping weight was 75 lbs. However because its in a box its definitely much easier to move into and around your house.
Unboxing the Sparrow Mattress
The Sparrow will come in a box like the one below with the Nest Bedding logo and all.
Here’s me unboxing the Sparrow. The mattress is very tightly wrapped so once you cut the plastic loose it almost pops open and is ready to sleep on in a few hours.
Specifications and Construction of the Sparrow
The Sparrow Signature Hybrid mattress is made to fit your sleep needs (right here in the USA).
- Unzip the sides of this mattress to exchange the inner foam layer for a new one that’s more firm, softer, or if you just want to replace it (which extends the life of your mattress).
- Does your partner like different types of mattress firmness than you? Order the Sparrow Signature Hybrid in King and Cal King sizes and get a different firmness on each side. Keep one side firm and the other plush, or mix a plush side with a medium…it’s your mattress (and your relationship), we want you to love it.
- Individual coils isolate motion (so you won’t wake up when your partner reaches for a glass of water in the middle of the night).
- Energex foam is responsive and offers a memory foam-like feel, without leaving a lasting imprint on the mattress.
Quilted Gel Memory Foam & Thermic Phase Change Cooling Cover
Energex™ Temperature Responsive FoamSmartFlow Support Foam
SmartFlow Support Foam
Reinforced Edge Coil Support Pocketed Coils
Base Support Foam
Our foams are CertiPUR-US® certified and made in the USA. All foams are allowed time to air out in our factory, which drastically decreases any residual off-gassing.
The fire barrier is non-chemical hydrogenated silica.
2″ – Gel Memory Foam & Quilted THERMIC® phase change cover
Plush and cool, the quilted gel memory foam top gives you the added softness that doesn’t compromise the support underneath. THERMIC® is a patented temperature regulation technology that keeps the fabric from overheating. THERMIC® absorbs energy (heat) when the environment or body temperature goes up, stores this energy temporarily, and releases the energy as heat when the temperature cools down.
3″ – Blue Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam
Energex™ provides a new, energetic alternative to conventional visco memory foam that retains all of the advantages of visco memory foam without slow recovery. Energex™ serves to bridge this gap between visco memory foam and latex foam. Its highly open, cool, and responsive polymer structure is designed to offer a superior alternative to latex or springs while providing outstanding pressure relief properties.
1″ – 3 lb. SmartFlow Support Foam
A minimal amount of this high density air flow foam is used to transition from the comfort layer, to the individually pocketed coils.
6″ – Reinforced Edge Coil Support Pocketed Coils
USA-made in our factory in Phoenix AZ; this individually wrapped coil system offers reinforced edge support and is warrantied at 20-years.
1″ – 3 lb. Base Support Foam
This foam support layer is purely structural. When pressure is applied to the coil system, this layer is there to act as a buffer between your foundation and the mattress.
My Nest Sparrow Recommendation
There is a zippered cover where you can swap out the top layer if you find it to be too firm or soft which can save a lot of hassle. You’ll notice that the mattress has a tufted top where you will sink into the mattress a fair amount. It’s similar to a
As for heat retention, this mattress cools quickly. Here’s an infrared video illustrating how fast it dissipates heat. I think this is due to a number of factors.
My Nest Sparrow Recommendation
It’s hard to go wrong with the Nest line of products. The Sparrow is a mattress that should please most sleepers. I found that you will sink into this mattress a little more than you would with the all-foam Alexander mattress. It has a little less bounce than the Aviya and WinkBed. I highly recommend this to side sleepers that prefer the feel of an innerspring but don’t want the motion transfer problems. This mattress also sleeps cool.
The Nest Sparrow Comfort Exchange
Nest Bedding offers a Lifetime Renewal Exchange (LRE) program for their Sparrow Signature Hybrid mattress. This means that you can exchange the comfort layer of your mattress for a new one, once, at any time. This is a great way to extend the life of your mattress and to keep it feeling comfortable.
To request a comfort exchange, you can contact Nest Bedding customer service by phone, chat, or email. You will need to provide your order number and the reason for the exchange. Nest Bedding will then send you a new comfort layer, free of charge.
The LRE program is available for all Sparrow Signature Hybrid mattresses, regardless of when they were purchased. So, if you’re not happy with the comfort of your mattress, you can always request a new comfort layer.
Here are the steps on how to request a Nest Sparrow comfort exchange:
- Contact Nest Bedding customer service by phone, chat, or email.
- Provide your order number and the reason for the exchange.
- Nest Bedding will send you a new comfort layer, free of charge.
The LRE program is a great way to keep your Sparrow Signature Hybrid mattress feeling comfortable for years to come. So, if you’re not happy with the comfort of your mattress, don’t hesitate to request a new comfort layer.
Here are some of the benefits of the Nest Sparrow comfort exchange program:
- You can extend the life of your mattress.
- You can keep your mattress feeling comfortable.
- You can do it at any time, for free.
If you’re considering buying a Sparrow Signature Hybrid mattress, the LRE program is definitely something to keep in mind. It’s a great way to ensure that you’re happy with your mattress for years to come.
Nest Sparrow vs. Owl
Both models are popular, but they have distinct features and are designed for different types of sleepers. Here’s a comparison of the two:
Nest Sparrow (Alexander Signature Hybrid) Mattress:
- Construction: The Sparrow mattress is a hybrid that combines memory foam layers with pocketed coil support.
- Feel: Medium to luxury firm feel, offering a balance between contouring and support.
- Cooling: Features a thermic phase change cooling fabric which can help sleepers stay cool throughout the night.
- Best For: Sleepers who prefer the contouring feel of memory foam but also want the responsiveness and support of innerspring coils. It can cater to a broad range of sleeping positions.
- Other: It offers multiple firmness options to cater to different sleep preferences.
Nest Owl Latex Hybrid Mattress:
- Construction: The Owl mattress combines natural Dunlop latex with pocketed coil support.
- Feel: More responsive and bouncy due to the latex layer.
- Cooling: Latex tends to be more breathable than memory foam, so it can be a cooler sleeping surface.
- Best For: Those who prefer a more natural mattress material (latex is derived from rubber trees), or those who like a responsive, bouncy feel. It’s also suitable for those looking to avoid the “sinking in” sensation of memory foam.
- Other: It features organic cotton and wool in its construction, making it more eco-friendly.
- The Sparrow is more geared towards those who like the feel of memory foam, while the Owl offers the bounce and responsiveness of latex.
- The Owl has a more eco-friendly and natural construction compared to the Sparrow.
- Both mattresses offer good support due to their hybrid construction with pocketed coils.
Sparrow vs. Helix
The Nest Bedding Sparrow and Helix are both hybrid mattresses, meaning they combine foam and coil layers to create a supportive and comfortable sleeping surface. However, there are some key differences between the two mattresses.
The Nest Bedding Sparrow is made with a top layer of memory foam, followed by a layer of Energex foam, which is a responsive and supportive material. The bottom layer of the mattress is made of individually pocketed coils, which provide support and help to reduce motion transfer.
The Helix is also made with a top layer of memory foam, but the second layer is made of latex, which is a bouncy and resilient material. The bottom layer of the mattress is also made of individually pocketed coils.
The Nest Bedding Sparrow has a softer feel than the Helix. It is also more conforming, meaning that it will hug your body and provide pressure relief. The Helix has a firmer feel and is more responsive. It is also less conforming than the Sparrow.
The Nest Bedding Sparrow is generally less expensive than the Helix. However, the price of both mattresses will vary depending on the size you choose.
Trial and warranty
The Nest Bedding Sparrow comes with a 365-night trial period and a lifetime warranty. The Helix comes with a 100-night trial period and a 10-year warranty.
Which mattress is right for you?
The best mattress for you will depend on your individual preferences and sleep needs. If you prefer a softer and more conforming mattress, then the Nest Bedding Sparrow is a good option. If you prefer a firmer and more responsive mattress, then the Helix is a good option.
It is also important to consider your budget. The Nest Bedding Sparrow is generally less expensive than the Helix. However, the price of both mattresses will vary depending on the size you choose.