- Sleepers who want conforming of memory foam with zero heat retention
- Couples who value both motion isolation & responsiveness
- Side, back and side-back combo sleepers
- Sleepers looking for a balance between bounce, motion isolation and pressure relief
The WinkBed GravityLux is a good mattress for a number of reasons:
- It is comfortable and supportive. The GravityLux features a combination of soft and firm foams that provide pressure relief and support for all sleep positions.
- It is durable. The GravityLux is made with high-quality materials and construction, so it is built to last.
- It is affordable. The GravityLux is one of the most affordable mattresses on the market, especially when you consider its quality and features.
- It comes with a generous sleep trial and warranty. The GravityLux comes with a 120-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty, so you can try it out risk-free and be confident that your investment is protected.
Here are some additional benefits of the WinkBed GravityLux:
- Cooling: The GravityLux features a cooling gel memory foam layer that helps to keep you cool and comfortable while you sleep.
- Motion isolation: The GravityLux absorbs motion, so you won’t be disturbed by your partner’s movements during the night.
- Edge support: The GravityLux provides edge support, so you can use the entire surface of the mattress without feeling like you’re going to roll off.
- Hypoallergenic: The GravityLux is hypoallergenic, so it’s a good choice for people with allergies or sensitivities.
Winkbeds is well known for its highly-rated hybrid mattress. They recently introduced an all-foam model, the Gravity Lux, that completely eliminates any motion transfer but still retains its feel at the top layer which sets them apart from the competition. The Gravity Lux retails for $1,599 in a queen size but they normally offer discounts that drop the price by at least a couple hundred dollars. That said, it is still considerably higher than the competing online foam mattresses. For this review, Winkbeds sent me a medium-firm version of their mattress, their best seller. They also offer a softer and firmer model.
Overview of the Winkbeds Gravity Lux
No matter which Winkbed you buy, you get a 120-night, risk-free trial. That means you have about 3 months to try it out in your house to see if it the right fit for you. If not, returns are free, you don’t have to pay shipping at all.
Here’s an overview of the Gravity Lux and what sets it apart from other mattresses in its class. It’s important to note that this is truly a luxury foam mattress and so comparing to lower-priced brands really isn’t a fair comparison.
How Much Does the Winkbed Gravity Lux Cost?
Below are the current prices. Remember, you can get a discount on their website at checkout.
WinkBed GravityLux Price:
- Twin: $1,299
- Twin XL: $1,399
- Full: $1,599
- Queen: $1,799
- King: $1,999
- California King: $1,999
WinkBed GravityLux Trial:
- The WinkBed GravityLux comes with a 120-night sleep trial. This means that you can try out the mattress for 120 nights and return it for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
WinkBed GravityLux Warranty:
- The WinkBed GravityLux comes with a lifetime warranty. This means that WinkBeds will repair or replace your mattress for free if it develops any defects during your lifetime.
Here is a summary of the WinkBed GravityLux price, trial, and warranty:
- Price: $1,299 – $1,999
- Trial: 120 nights
- Warranty: Lifetime
The WinkBed GravityLux is a great option for anyone looking for a high-quality mattress that is also affordable. It is backed by a generous sleep trial and warranty, so you can try it out risk-free and be confident that your investment is protected.
Construction of the Gravity Lux Mattress
Below are the construction specs as listed on their website.
Tencel Cover with Gel Infused Foam
Sleep cool and dry with our Eucalyptus-derived TENCEL® cover. Tufted with 2″ of premium cooling gel foam inside, it enables airflow and wicks away body heat and moisture.
Patented Aircell Memory Foam
Zoned Progression Foam
Atlas Core Foam
1.8lb density ATLAS Core™ foam provides pushback support and sag-proof lifetime durability, making the Gravity Lux one of the most durable mattresses on the market.
My Winkbed Gravity Lux Findings
What first struck me about this mattress is that Winkbeds kept the same quilted foam and Tencel cover as they have on their original model. This makes the mattress look different from the rest but you will also feel the difference right away when you lay on it.
As you can see, they use an optic white fabric that really looks clean and sleek. Tencel fiber is more breathable and softer than cotton so you get the benefits of breathability throughout.
In the picture below I put my 14 lb. bowling ball right up to the edge of the mattress to illustrate sinkage and edge support. You get more cradling out of this mattress than most because they quilt a layer of foam into the cover which makes it feel softer without sacrificing support.
As a side sleeper and occasional stomach sleeper the medium was a good fit although side sleepers would probably enjoy the soft version more while stomach and back sleepers should look at the firm version.
This mattress is about $300 more than your average queen size online mattress but in this case I think you get what you pay for. This mattress is made in the USA and incorporates quality materials throughout. Every layer is an upgrade over your standard 3 layer foam mattress and when you add it all up you can feel the difference. The 1.8 lb. density core foam should hold up for heavier sleepers giving you a few extra years over a standard online mattress which makes it a sound investment.
My Winkbeds Gravity Lux Recommendation
I highly recommend the Winkbeds gravity lux for sleepers that are affected by partner disturbance. This mattress has basically no motion transfer but is about as close as it gets to giving you the benefits of springs. The layering of the mattress will support you where you need it most and provide a bit more sink towards your shoulders. If you like the feel of a traditional, luxury mattress but springs may be keeping you up at night, this would be a great choice. It’s also worth considering if the less expensive options are leaving you wanting more.
Winkbed Lux Pros, Cons and Complaints
Here are some of the pros, cons, and complaints about the WinkBeds GravityLux mattress:
- Comfortable and supportive for all sleep positions
- Durable and well-made
- Generously long sleep trial and warranty
- Cooling gel memory foam layer
- Motion isolation
- Edge support
- Some customers have complained that the mattress is too firm
- Others have complained that it is too soft
- Some customers have complained that the mattress has a chemical smell
- The mattress is heavy and difficult to move
- Some customers have complained that the mattress has developed sagging over time
- Others have complained that the mattress has developed lumps or bumps
- Some customers have complained that the mattress has a strong odor
It is important to note that these are just some of the pros, cons, and complaints about the WinkBeds GravityLux mattress. Everyone’s experience with the mattress will be different, depending on their individual preferences and needs.
Overall, the WinkBeds GravityLux is a well-regarded mattress that has received positive reviews from many customers. However, it is important to be aware of the potential downsides of the mattress before making a purchase.
If you are considering the WinkBeds GravityLux, I recommend reading reviews from other customers to get a better sense of what others think of the mattress. You can also try out the GravityLux risk-free with the company’s 120-night sleep trial.