Labor Day weekend can be a good time to buy a mattress, but it’s not the only option! Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons to help you decide:
- Sales and discounts: Many mattress retailers offer significant discounts and deals during Labor Day weekend, including percentage-off sales, free gifts with purchase, and financing offers. This can be a great way to save money on a major purchase.
- Convenience: The three-day weekend gives you more time to browse different stores, compare prices, and try out mattresses before making a decision. This can be especially helpful if you’re not sure what type of mattress is right for you.
- New models: Some retailers may introduce new mattress models around Labor Day, so you might have the opportunity to try out the latest technology and features.
- Not always the best deals: While Labor Day sales can be good, they aren’t necessarily the best deals of the year. Other holidays like Memorial Day, Presidents Day, and Black Friday may offer even deeper discounts.
- Limited selection: Some retailers may have limited inventory during Labor Day weekend, especially of popular models.
- Sales pressure: With all the hype surrounding the sales, you might feel more pressured to buy than usual. It’s important to do your research and stick to your budget.
Here are some additional things to consider:
- Do your research: Before heading to the store, research different mattress brands and models to find one that meets your needs and budget. Read online reviews and compare prices from different retailers.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate: Even if there isn’t a sale, you may be able to negotiate a lower price, especially if you’re paying in cash or financing through the store.
- Consider other times of year: If you’re flexible on timing, you might be able to find better deals at other times of year, such as during clearance sales or when new models are released.
Ultimately, the best time to buy a mattress is when you find a good deal on a quality mattress that meets your needs. Don’t feel pressured to buy just because it’s Labor Day weekend!
Our Full List of Labor Day Mattress Sales for 2020[table id=120 /]
How Long Do Labor Day Mattress Sales Last?It used to be the case that Labor Day sales only lasted for Labor Day weekend. That timeline has gradually expanded over the years and now you expect sales to start the week before Labor Day Weekend and last throughout the following week. So don’t feel rushed on Monday evening if you can’t make up your mind. Many sites will show countdown timers to create a sense of urgency but if you were to refresh the page, most of the time you will find the timer will also reset. That’s not to say that the sales won’t go away though so don’t wait too long.
Do you Have to Pay Taxes on a Mattress You Buy Online?Yes, you can expect to pay sales tax on a mattress you buy online but even with taxes, you can still expect a good deal compared to in store brands and you can take advantage of good financing offers and generous trial periods.
Can You Negotiate Your Mattress Price?No. Online brands do not lend themselves to negotiation or haggling. The price you see is the final price but you will find that it is already a very aggressive price. You don’t have to play the game of finding out what the truly low price is. Many mattress stores are also getting away from this practice as it feels too much like selling used cars and erodes trust.
There are many ongoing online mattress sales in anticipation of Labor Day. Here are some of the best deals you can find right now:
- Nectar: Flash sale – 50% off sitewide. This means you can get their queen-size memory foam mattress for just $659!
- Saatva: 15% off $950 or more. Saatva is known for their luxury mattresses, and this discount is a great way to save on one.
- Amerisleep: $450 off any mattress. Amerisleep offers a variety of mattress types, so you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
- Avocado: Up to 20% off select mattresses. Avocado is a great option if you’re looking for an eco-friendly mattress.
- Bear: 35% off sitewide. Bear mattresses are known for their cooling technology, which is perfect for hot sleepers.
- Big Fig: Save $300 off all mattresses with code “BIGBUNDLE”. Big Fig mattresses are designed for plus-size individuals.
- Birch: 20% off + 2 free eco pillows with code “PDS20”. Birch offers all-natural latex mattresses.
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off sitewide. Brooklyn Bedding offers a wide variety of mattress types, including innerspring, hybrid, and memory foam.
- Casper: Up to 50% off select bedding. Casper is a popular online mattress retailer, and they’re offering big discounts on their mattresses and other bedding products.
- Cocoon by Sealy: 35% off mattresses + free Sealy sleep bundle. Cocoon by Sealy is a brand of gel-grid mattresses, which are known for their cooling properties.
- DreamCloud: 50% off luxury mattresses. DreamCloud is a popular luxury mattress brand, and they’re offering a deep discount on their mattresses this Presidents’ Day.
- Ghostbed: Up to 50% off select bundles. Ghostbed offers memory foam mattresses with a cooling cover.
- Helix: 20% off sitewide + 2 free pillows with code “PDS20”. Helix offers personalized mattresses based on your sleep preferences.
- Leesa: 25% off mattresses + 2 free pillows. Leesa is a popular online mattress retailer known for their comfortable and affordable mattresses.
- Lull: 35% off. Lull offers memory foam mattresses at an affordable price.
- Nolah: 35% off mattresses + free fluffy pillows. Nolah offers hybrid mattresses made with gel-infused memory foam.
- Plank: 25% off sitewide with code “PRESDAY25”. Plank offers latex mattresses made with natural and organic materials.
- Puffy: Up to $1,350 off select mattresses with code “FEBOFFER”. Puffy offers memory foam mattresses known for their comfort and pressure relief.
- Purple: Up to $800 off mattresses + base sets. Purple offers grid-shaped gel mattresses that are known for their unique feel.
These are just a few of the many online mattress sales happening right now. With so many deals to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect mattress for your needs and budget. Just be sure to do your research and compare prices before making a purchase.
Pros and cons of shopping for a mattress online vs in store:
|Wider variety of brands and models
|Limited to what’s in stock
|Often more competitive
|May be higher due to overhead costs
|Shop from the comfort of your home, 24/7
|Can try out mattresses before you buy
|May be limited to online chat or email
|Can get personalized help from a salesperson
|Mattress is delivered to your door
|Need to arrange pickup or delivery yourself
|May have a more generous return policy
|May be more difficult to return a mattress