Winkbeds has expanded its offering of mattresses to include Hybrid, Foam and now an Eco-friendly option called the Eco Cloud. This is an all-natural mattress made with steel springs, natural latex, wool and organic cotton. There are many natural mattresses on the market with similar construction but the Eco Cloud has a feel all its own. In keeping with the Winkbeds tradition, it offers a more luxurious feel where you get more cradling than the competitors. But you will pay a bit more for the premium. A queen size currently retails for $1,799 which is considerably more than the budget-friendly Awara at $1,199.
Overview of the Winkbed Eco Cloud
Here’s a video overview of the Eco Cloud where you can see how it performs and peek inside the mattress to see how it is constructed.
Construction of the Winkbeds Eco Cloud
Here are the construction details as listed on their website along with a picture (ab0ve) to show you the actual layers.
ORGANIC COTTON COVER & NEW ZEALAND WOOL
A soft quilt cover made from 100% organic cotton and sustainable New Zealand wool ensure you sleep cool, clean and dry.
4″ TALALAY LATEX COMFORT LAYER
5 ZONE INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED INNERSPRING SUPPORT SYSTEM
EXTRA-EDGE™ ANTI-SAG SUPPORT SYSTEM
Our proprietary innerspring support core is firmer and more supportive along the edges, allowing you to sleep edge to edge without any sag.
How Much Does the Winkbed Eco Cloud Cost?
The cost of the mattress varies depending on the size and other features you select, such as a foundation or adjustable base. Here are the current prices for the WinkBed EcoCloud mattress:
- Twin: $1,599
- Twin XL: $1,799
- Full: $1,999
- Queen: $2,199
- King: $2,599
- California King: $2,599
Please note that these prices are subject to change and do not include any discounts or promotions that may be available at the time of purchase. Additionally, the prices listed above are for the mattress only and do not include any accessories or add-ons.
My Eco Cloud Findings
I found this mattress to be just a bit on the softer end of the spectrum compared to others with similar construction. I attribute that mostly to the 4 inch Talalay latex layer at the top. Here you can see how much sinkage is produced with my 14 lb. bowling ball.
Here’s another picture showing me pushing into the mattress with a good amount of force. I just want to illustrate how much give you can achieve with the mattress.
As I mentioned in the video, this mattress doesn’t retain much heat and that’s typical of a natural mattress like this one. If you are coming from a traditional spring mattress, you shouldn’t notice a difference in sleeping hotter.
I’m glad Winkbeds incorporated Talalay latex into the top layer as it gives it a nice plush feel without too much sinkage. This mattress is bouncy without a lot of motion transfer. They use a proprietary spring system with zones across the mattress to even you out and provide support for your hips making this a great choice for any type of sleeper, even stomach sleepers. The perimeter coils are firmer so you also get great edge support and won’t feel like you are going to roll off the mattress.
Finally, Winkbeds did a great job with the fabric on this mattress. It’s not stitched too tight like others I have tried. That means there is more material to allow the latex and springs to work. Some mattresses that are stitched too tight don’t offer as good of contouring as this one.
The WinkBed Eco Cloud vs. Avocado Mattress
Both are known for their eco-friendly and sustainable materials. Here’s a brief comparison between the two:
- Construction: The WinkBed EcoCloud is a hybrid mattress that combines latex, pocketed coils, and wool. On the other hand, the Avocado mattress is available in two options – a hybrid that combines latex, pocketed coils, and wool, and an all-latex mattress.
- Firmness: Both mattresses offer different firmness levels to choose from. WinkBed EcoCloud comes in medium-firm, while Avocado offers firmness options ranging from medium-firm to plush.
- Support: Both mattresses provide excellent support to the body, thanks to their hybrid construction that combines foam, latex, and coils.
- Price: The WinkBed EcoCloud is slightly more expensive than the Avocado, with prices ranging from $1,599 to $2,499, while the Avocado mattress costs between $899 to $2,199.
- Eco-friendliness: Both mattresses are made with eco-friendly materials, such as organic cotton, wool, and natural latex. However, the Avocado mattress is certified organic by GOTS and GOLS, making it a more sustainable and environmentally friendly option.
Overall, both the WinkBed EcoCloud and Avocado mattresses are high-quality options that offer excellent comfort and support. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and budget when deciding between the two.
The Winkbed EcoCloud vs. the Birch Mattress
- Construction: The WinkBed EcoCloud is a hybrid mattress that combines latex, pocketed coils, and wool. The Birch mattress is also a hybrid but uses organic cotton, Talalay latex, and individually wrapped coils.
- Firmness: The WinkBed EcoCloud comes in medium-firm, while the Birch mattress offers two firmness options: medium-firm and plush.
- Support: Both mattresses provide excellent support to the body due to their hybrid construction that combines foam, latex, and coils.
- Price: The WinkBed EcoCloud is slightly more expensive than the Birch, with prices ranging from $1,599 to $2,499, while the Birch mattress costs between $1,049 to $1,899.
- Eco-friendliness: Both mattresses are made with eco-friendly materials, such as organic cotton, wool, and natural latex. However, Birch has a more significant focus on sustainability, with certifications from GOTS, GOLS, and OEKO-TEX.
EcoCloud vs. Awara Mattress
The WinkBed EcoCloud and Awara mattresses are both excellent options with unique features and benefits. Here’s a brief comparison between the two:
- Construction: The WinkBed EcoCloud is a hybrid mattress that combines latex, pocketed coils, and wool. The Awara mattress is also a hybrid but uses Dunlop latex, individually wrapped coils, and organic cotton.
- Firmness: The WinkBed EcoCloud comes in medium-firm, while the Awara mattress is firm.
- Support: Both mattresses provide excellent support to the body due to their hybrid construction that combines foam, latex, and coils. However, the Awara mattress may be too firm for some sleepers and may not provide enough pressure relief.
- Price: The Awara mattress is slightly more affordable than the WinkBed EcoCloud, with prices ranging from $999 to $1,799. The WinkBed EcoCloud costs between $1,599 to $2,599.
- Eco-friendliness: Both mattresses are made with eco-friendly materials, such as organic cotton and natural latex. However, the WinkBed EcoCloud has a more significant focus on sustainability, with certifications from GOTS, GOLS, and OEKO-TEX.
Overall, both the WinkBed EcoCloud and Awara mattresses are excellent options that offer comfort and support while being environmentally conscious. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and budget when deciding between the two. If you prefer a medium-firm mattress with a focus on sustainability, the WinkBed EcoCloud may be the better choice. If you prefer a firm mattress with a lower price point, the Awara mattress may be the better option.
WinkBed Ecocloud for Sex
the WinkBed EcoCloud is a good option for sex. It has a hybrid construction that combines latex, pocketed coils, and wool, which provides a good balance of support and comfort that can enhance sexual activity. The latex layer can offer responsive bounce and motion isolation, while the pocketed coils provide a sturdy base for a stable surface. Additionally, the breathable wool layer can help regulate temperature and wick away moisture, making it a comfortable surface to sleep and engage in physical activity. Overall, the WinkBed EcoCloud’s construction can provide a comfortable and supportive surface for sexual activity.
Talalay vs Dunlop
- Production Process: Dunlop latex is the original latex production method and is made by mixing natural latex sap with curing agents, pouring the mixture into a mold, and baking it. Talalay latex is a newer production process that involves the same initial steps as Dunlop but adds an additional step of vacuum sealing the mold and flash freezing it before baking it. This process makes Talalay latex more uniform and consistent than Dunlop.
- Density: Dunlop latex is denser and firmer than Talalay latex due to its production process. It has a heavier feel and is often used as a support layer in mattresses. Talalay latex is lighter and more buoyant due to the aeration process that gives it a more consistent cell structure. It is often used as a comfort layer in mattresses.
- Comfort: Both Dunlop and Talalay latex provide excellent comfort and support. However, Talalay latex is often preferred for its superior pressure relief, thanks to its more consistent cell structure and buoyancy.
- Durability: Both types of latex are known for their durability and can last for many years. However, Talalay latex may be more resistant to compression and sagging over time due to its more consistent structure.
Overall, both Dunlop and Talalay latex can be excellent options in a mattress, depending on your preferences and needs. Dunlop latex may be preferred for its density and firmness, while Talalay latex may be preferred for its superior pressure relief and buoyancy.
Winkbed EcoCloud Trial and Warranty
The WinkBed EcoCloud comes with a 120-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from each:
- Sleep Trial: The WinkBed EcoCloud comes with a 120-night sleep trial, which allows you to test out the mattress in the comfort of your own home. If you decide that the mattress isn’t right for you, you can return it for a full refund within the trial period. WinkBed offers free pickup and removal of the mattress if you decide to return it.
- Warranty: The WinkBed EcoCloud comes with a lifetime warranty, which covers any defects in materials or workmanship for as long as you own the mattress. The warranty is non-prorated, meaning that there is no gradual reduction in coverage over time. If you experience any issues with the mattress, WinkBed will repair or replace it at no cost to you.
It’s important to note that the warranty and sleep trial are subject to certain conditions and limitations. For example, the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or damage caused by improper use or care. Be sure to read the full terms and conditions of the warranty and sleep trial before making your purchase.
WinkBed has been featured on several TV shows and news segments, including Good Morning America, The Today Show, and Fox Business. In these appearances, WinkBed has been highlighted for its high-quality construction, eco-friendly materials, and comfortable sleep surface. Additionally, WinkBed has been featured in several online publications and blogs, where it has received positive reviews and high marks for its durability and support.
My Eco Cloud Recommendation
The Eco Cloud costs more than some of the competing brands but to me, that’s not a deal-breaker. For a few hundred dollars more you get a mattress that is made in the USA, crafted in a factory in Wisconsin by people that have been at their jobs for decades and really know their craft. The end result is a quality mattress that will hold up over time.
This mattress comes with a 120-night trial where you can sleep on it at home for 120 nights and if you don’t like it, for whatever reason, it’s a free return. They also offer a lifetime warranty which means as long as you own the mattress, Winkbeds will replace it if it is found to be defective. They also have a comfort exchange where you can exchange the mattress after the trial expires and buy a different Winkbed at 50% off.
The Eco Cloud is a great choice for people who are looking for a quality natural mattress that is Made in the USA with a firmness that will appeal to most sleepers.