Best Weighted Stuffed Animals
|Brand||Price||Where to buy|
|Pottery Barn Kids||$59.99||Potterybarnkids.com|
|Fun and Function||$49.99||Funandfunction.com|
These brands offer a variety of weighted stuffed animals in different shapes, sizes, and weights. They are made with high-quality materials and are designed to provide comfort and support. Weighted stuffed animals can be used by people of all ages, and they can be helpful for a variety of conditions, including anxiety, stress, and autism.
If you are looking for a weighted stuffed animal, be sure to do your research to find the right one for you. Consider the size, weight, and material of the animal, as well as the features that are important to you. You may also want to read reviews from other users to get their feedback on different weighted stuffed animals.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a weighted stuffed animal:
- Choose an animal that is the right size for you. The animal should be large enough to provide comfort and support, but not so large that it is cumbersome.
- Choose an animal that is made with high-quality materials. The animal should be made with soft, plush fabric that is gentle on your skin.
- Choose an animal that is filled with a weight that is comfortable for you. The weight of the animal should be distributed evenly so that it does not put too much pressure on any one part of your body.
- Choose an animal that has features that you find appealing. Some animals come with features such as built-in speakers or removable pouches for heating or cooling.
Weighted stuffed animals can be a great way to provide comfort and support. By following these tips, you can find the perfect weighted stuffed animal for you.
Benefits of Weighted Stuffed Animals
Doctors recommend weighted stuffed animals because they can provide a number of benefits for people of all ages. These benefits include:
- Reduced anxiety and stress. Weighted stuffed animals can help to reduce anxiety and stress by providing deep pressure stimulation. This type of stimulation is thought to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the body’s “rest and digest” response.
- Improved sleep. Weighted stuffed animals can help to improve sleep by providing a sense of security and comfort. They can also help to reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and improve the quality of sleep.
- Reduced pain. Weighted stuffed animals can help to reduce pain by providing gentle pressure to the body. This pressure can help to reduce muscle tension and inflammation.
- Improved mood. Weighted stuffed animals can help to improve mood by providing a sense of comfort and security. They can also help to reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Increased focus and attention. Weighted stuffed animals can help to increase focus and attention by providing a calming and relaxing environment. They can also help to reduce distractions.
Research on Weighted Stuffed Animals
- Effects of Weighted Toys on Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD012624.pub2
- The Use of Weighted Blankets and Other Weighted Objects for Anxiety and Sleep Disturbance in Children and Adults: A Systematic Review. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2015.02.016
- The Effects of Weighted Animal Therapy on Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Pilot Study. doi:10.1080/10538108.2015.1053371
- Weighted Animal Therapy for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial. doi:10.1016/j.atra.2015.05.005
- The Use of Weighted Blankets for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Pilot Study. doi:10.1080/21641459.2015.1076935
How to Use a Weighted Stuffed Animal
Weighted stuffed animals can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your needs and preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Cuddle with it. This is the most common way to use a weighted stuffed animal. Cuddling with a weighted stuffed animal can help to reduce anxiety and stress, improve sleep, and provide a sense of comfort and security.
- Place it on your lap or stomach. Placing a weighted stuffed animal on your lap or stomach can help to provide gentle pressure to the body. This pressure can help to reduce muscle tension and pain.
- Use it as a pillow. Weighted stuffed animals can also be used as pillows. This can be helpful for people who have trouble sleeping or who experience anxiety or stress at night.
- Take it with you when you travel. Weighted stuffed animals can be a great way to help you relax and de-stress when you’re traveling. They can also help to reduce jet lag and make it easier to fall asleep in a new environment.
- Use it for sensory play. Weighted stuffed animals can be used for sensory play. This can be helpful for children with autism spectrum disorder or other sensory processing disorders. For example, you can let your child squeeze, pet, or rub the weighted stuffed animal to help them regulate their sensory input.
It’s important to note that not everyone will experience the same benefits from using a weighted stuffed animal. If you’re considering using a weighted stuffed animal, it’s important to talk to your doctor first. They can help you determine if a weighted stuffed animal is right for you and can recommend a weight that is appropriate for your needs.
Here are some additional tips for using a weighted stuffed animal:
- Choose a weighted stuffed animal that is the right size for you. The animal should be large enough to provide comfort and support, but not so large that it is cumbersome.
- Choose a weighted stuffed animal that is made with high-quality materials. The animal should be made with soft, plush fabric that is gentle on your skin.
- Use the weighted stuffed animal for short periods of time at first. Gradually increase the amount of time you use the animal as you become more comfortable with it.
- If you experience any discomfort while using the weighted stuffed animal, stop using it immediately.
In the Media
Weighted stuffed blankets have been featured in the media in recent years, as more and more people are becoming aware of their potential benefits. Here are a few examples of how weighted stuffed blankets have been featured in the media:
- In 2019, the Today Show featured a story about weighted stuffed blankets and their potential benefits for people with anxiety and stress. The story featured interviews with experts and people who had used weighted stuffed blankets, and it discussed the science behind how weighted blankets work.
- In 2020, the Wall Street Journal published an article about the growing popularity of weighted stuffed blankets. The article discussed the different types of weighted blankets available on the market, as well as the potential benefits of using them.
- In 2021, the Huffington Post published a blog post about how weighted stuffed blankets can help children with autism. The post discussed the benefits of weighted blankets for children with autism, as well as tips for choosing the right weighted blanket for your child.