The Studio mattress is made with three layers of foam:
- Top layer: 1.5 inches of premium memory foam that conforms to your body and provides pressure relief.
- Middle layer: 1.5 inches of supportive foam that helps to keep your spine aligned.
- Base layer: 7 inches of durable high-density foam that provides support and stability.
The Studio mattress also has a soft, breathable cover that is made with 100% recycled polyester.
The Studio mattress is available in a variety of sizes, including twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. It also comes with a 100-night trial and a 10-year warranty.
- Affordable price
- Comfortable and supportive
- Good for all sleep positions
- Soft, breathable cover
- 100-night trial and 10-year warranty
- Some people may find the mattress to be too soft
- The mattress can retain heat
- There is a slight off-gassing odor when the mattress is first opened, but this usually goes away after a few days or weeks
Overall, the Leesa Studio mattress is a good choice for sleepers who are looking for an affordable, comfortable, and supportive mattress.
I recently received the new budget-friendly mattress from Leesa called Studio by Leesa. This is a 3 layer foam mattress similar to the original Leesa. What sets it apart from the original Leesa mattress which is also a 3 layer foam construction is that it does not sink in as much. Therefore it is more suited to people who want a mattress that has less contouring. As more of a side sleeper myself, I found the Leesa a little too firm for my taste but I think it a wonderful mattress for back and stomach sleepers looking for a quality mattress that is made in the USA at a great price.
Overview of the Studio by Leesa Mattress
Here is a video review of the Leesa Studio. Unlike most foam mattresses this one sprang to life and was ready to sleep on almost immediately. I did notice some off-gassing which took a few days to dissipate so if you are sensitive to smells you probably should open this in another room to let it air out for a few days. Eventually, the smell will go away and won’t be an issue.
Construction of the Studio by Leesa mattress
Below are the construction details of the mattress as listed on the Leesa website.
- 7” foam base: Core support foam baseDensity: 1.8
- 1.5” Pressure reliving transitional foamDensity: 2.5
- 1.5” Contouring Memory FoamDensity: 2.5
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyd
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions for indoor air quality (< 0.5 parts per million)
How Does the Leesa Studio Compare to the Original Leesa Mattress?
Since both the Leesa and Leesa Studio are 3 layer foam mattresses, it’s easy to compare. I appreciate that Leesa includes the foam density of each layer. As you can see below, the Leesa Original has denser foam at the top and transitional layers which will make it more durable and provide better pressure relief. The Leesa studio has a half in less comfort and transitional foam and makes up the height with an extra inch in the base layer. This is how they have saved on cost and it does make for a different feel.
My Studio by Leesa Findings
As you can see below, this mattress doesn’t have all that much sink to it but since it is all foam, it didn’t feel overly firm either. For reference, this is a 14 lb. bowling ball.
Here you can see that I’m not sinking in all that much while on my side. My shoulders give in a bit but my hips don’t sink much at all. Some sleepers really appreciate this and I would advise having a pillow thick enough to make up for the lack of sinkage at your shoulders.
If you sleep on your back or stomach, this mattress is a good choice. As you can see I’m fully supported.
My Studio By Leesa Recommendation
All too often I will find a mattress that is really good value and then the company will gradually increase the price as they get name recognition in the industry. That shouldn’t be the case with this mattress as Leesa is a well established online brand and they intentionally designed a mattress that has inherent value at an aggressive price that won’t compete with the original model. I highly recommend this mattress to back and stomach sleepers looking for a mattress with no motion transfer that may be new to sleeping on foam. It won’t break the bank and it’s relatively light so won’t break your back either if you have to move it down the road. The Studio by Leesa comes with a 100-night trial and 10-year warranty. That means free delivery, free returns and a full refund if you don’t like it. On top of that Leesa donates a new mattress to a child in need for every 10 that they sell. There are hundreds of 3 layer foam mattresses on the market these days and it’s nice to know that you are doing a little bit of good while making your purchase.
Here is a list of all Leesa mattress models with price and features, as of October 16, 2023:
|All-foam mattress with three layers of foam: a top layer of premium memory foam for pressure relief, a middle layer of supportive foam, and a base layer of durable high-density foam.
|All-foam mattress with four layers of foam: a top layer of breathable foam for cooling, a layer of premium memory foam for pressure relief, a layer of durable support foam, and a base layer of durable high-density foam.
|Hybrid mattress with six layers: a top layer of breathable foam for cooling, a layer of premium memory foam for pressure relief, a layer of Adaptive Foam for support, a layer of pocketed coils for bounce and support, a layer of durable support foam, and a base layer of durable high-density foam.
|Luxury hybrid mattress with seven layers: a top layer of breathable foam for cooling, a layer of premium memory foam for pressure relief, a layer of Adaptive Foam for support, a layer of pocketed coils for bounce and support, a layer of durable support foam, a layer of pocketed coils for extra bounce and support, and a base layer of durable high-density foam.
All Leesa mattresses come with a 100-night trial and a 10-year warranty.
Which Leesa mattress is right for you?
The best Leesa mattress for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Here is a brief overview of each mattress model to help you decide:
- Studio: The Studio mattress is a good choice for budget-minded shoppers who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress.
- Original: The Original mattress is a good choice for sleepers who are looking for a mattress that offers more pressure relief and cooling than the Studio mattress.
- Sapira Hybrid: The Sapira Hybrid mattress is a good choice for sleepers who are looking for a mattress that offers a balance of comfort, support, and bounce.
- Legend Hybrid: The Legend Hybrid mattress is a good choice for sleepers who are looking for a luxury mattress that offers the best of all worlds: comfort, support, bounce, and cooling.
If you are still not sure which Leesa mattress is right for you, you can take the Leesa Mattress Quiz to get a personalized recommendation.