Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company was founded in 1980 by John Gabbert as a subsidiary of his parents’ furniture store company, Gabberts.
Room & Board is known for its high-quality, American-made furniture. The company partners with local manufacturers across the country to produce its modern living, dining, bedroom, office, and outdoor furniture and home decor.
Room & Board offers a wide variety of furniture styles, from classic to contemporary. The company also offers a variety of customization options, so customers can create a home that is truly their own.
Room & Board has a strong commitment to sustainability. The company uses recycled materials whenever possible and sources its wood from sustainable forests. Room & Board also offers a variety of eco-friendly furniture finishes.
Room & Board offers its products through a combination of retail stores and its online website. The company has 19 retail stores located across the United States. Room & Board also offers free design services and full-service delivery.
Here are some of the key strengths of Room & Board:
- High-quality, American-made furniture
- Wide variety of furniture styles and customization options
- Strong commitment to sustainability
- Free design services and full-service delivery
Room & Board is a popular choice for consumers who are looking for high-quality, modern furniture. The company offers a wide variety of products to choose from, and its commitment to sustainability is a major plus.
Here are some of the key weaknesses of Room & Board:
- Products can be expensive
- Assembly required for some products
- Customer service can be slow at times
Overall, Room & Board is a reputable company that offers high-quality modern furniture. The company’s commitment to sustainability is also a major plus.
The Room & Board Metro sectional couch is a modern sectional with a clean, simple design. It is available in a variety of fabrics and leathers, and in two depths, standard and extra deep. The Metro sectional is also modular, so you can customize it to fit your specific needs.
The Metro sectional is made with high-quality materials and construction, including a kiln-dried hardwood frame and high-resiliency foam cushions. It is a comfortable and stylish seating solution for any living room.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Room & Board Metro sectional couch:
- Clean, simple design
- Available in a variety of fabrics and leathers
- Modular design for customization
- Made with high-quality materials and construction
- Comfortable seating
- Can be expensive
- Assembly required
How Much Does The Metro Sectional Cost?
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Gino cement||$6,100|
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Gino charcoal||$6,100|
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Sumner ivory||$6,100|
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Destin linen||$6,900|
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Tatum grey||$7,700|
|88" Two-Cushion Sofa||Tatum oatmeal||$7,700|
The best time to buy a Metro sectional couch is typically during the following periods:
- After the holidays: Furniture retailers often offer discounts after the holidays to clear out inventory.
- During the spring: Many retailers offer sales during the spring to encourage people to start thinking about redecorating their homes.
- During the summer: Furniture retailers may offer discounts during the summer to compete with other retailers and to encourage people to spend money on their homes before the fall.
- During the fall: Some retailers offer discounts during the fall to clear out inventory before the holidays.
It is also worth checking with Room & Board directly to see if they offer any special discounts or promotions on the Metro sectional couch.
Here are some specific tips for finding the best deal on a Metro sectional couch:
- Shop around and compare prices from different retailers.
- Consider buying a floor model or showroom display.
- Look for sales and promotions.
- Use coupons and promo codes.
- Consider buying a used Metro sectional couch.
It is important to note that the current supply chain shortage is impacting the availability and pricing of furniture. As a result, it may be more difficult to find discounts on the Metro sectional couch, and prices may be higher than usual.
Overall, the best time to buy a Metro sectional couch is during a time when retailers are offering discounts or promotions. By shopping around and comparing prices, you can find the best deal possible.
Why is Room and Board So Expensive?
Room & Board furniture is expensive for a number of reasons:
- High-quality materials: Room & Board uses high-quality materials in its furniture, such as solid wood, high-density foam, and high-end fabrics. These materials are more expensive than the materials used in lower-quality furniture.
- American-made: Room & Board furniture is made in the United States, which means that it is subject to higher labor costs.
- Sustainable practices: Room & Board is committed to sustainable practices, which means that it uses recycled materials and renewable resources in its furniture. This also adds to the cost of production.
- Design: Room & Board furniture is designed by in-house designers, who create unique and stylish pieces. This design process is more expensive than simply copying existing designs.
- Brand recognition: Room & Board is a well-known and respected brand, which means that consumers are willing to pay a premium for its furniture.
It is important to note that Room & Board furniture is also backed by a generous warranty, which further adds to the cost of ownership.
Overall, Room & Board furniture is expensive because it is made with high-quality materials, is American-made, is sustainably produced, is designed by in-house designers, and has a strong brand reputation.
Here are some sectionals that are similar to the Metro sectional:
- Crate & Barrel Gather Sectional
- Article Sven Sectional
- CB2 Mid-Century Modern Sectional
- Wayfair Allston Sofa with Chaise
- RH Modern Emerson Sectional
These sectionals all have a similar modern aesthetic to the Metro sectional, with clean lines and minimalist design. They also offer a variety of configurations, so you can choose the perfect sectional for your space.
Here is a brief comparison of each sectional:
|Crate & Barrel Gather Sectional||$2,898-$5,298||Microsuede, leather, linen|
|Article Sven Sectional||$2,199-$4,999||Microfiber, leather, velvet|
|CB2 Mid-Century Modern Sectional||$2,299-$5,299||Microsuede, velvet, performance fabric|
|Wayfair Allston Sofa with Chaise||$1,199-$2,299||Microsuede, velvet, performance fabric|
|RH Modern Emerson Sectional||$4,495-$11,995||Leather, velvet, performance fabric|
What size sofa for a 12×12 room?
For a 12×12 room, you will want to choose a sofa that is under 80 inches in length. This will help to prevent the sofa from overwhelming the space. You may also want to consider a sofa with a chaise, as this can provide additional seating and storage space.
Here are some specific sofa sizes that would be appropriate for a 12×12 room:
- 60-70 inches long
- 30-35 inches deep
- 30-35 inches high
Is a sofa better than a sectional for a small living room?
Whether a sofa or a sectional is better for a small living room depends on your individual needs and preferences.
Sofas are typically more compact than sectionals, so they can be a good option for small spaces. However, sectionals can provide more seating and storage space, which can be beneficial for families or people who entertain frequently.
If you are looking for a sofa for a small living room, I recommend choosing a sofa with a chaise. This will provide additional seating and storage space, without taking up too much room.
Are sectionals still in style?
Sectionals are still very much in style. They are a versatile piece of furniture that can be used in a variety of living room settings. Sectionals can also be configured in a variety of ways, to create the perfect layout for your space.
Why are sectionals more expensive?
Sectionals are more expensive than sofas for a few reasons:
- Sectionals are typically made with more materials, such as wood, fabric, and foam.
- Sectionals require more labor to assemble and finish.
- Sectionals are often more difficult to ship and deliver.
- Sectionals are often made by high-end furniture manufacturers, which means that they use higher-quality materials and construction methods.
Despite being more expensive, sectionals can be a good investment for people who want a versatile and stylish piece of furniture for their living room.
How Long Will the Metro Sectional Last?
The Room & Board Metro sectional is made with high-quality materials and construction methods, so it is expected to last for many years with proper care. Room & Board offers a 10-year warranty on the Metro sectional, which covers defects in materials and workmanship.
However, the exact lifespan of the Metro sectional will depend on a number of factors, including:
- How often the sectional is used: The more the sectional is used, the more wear and tear it will experience.
- How well the sectional is cared for: Regular cleaning and maintenance can help to prolong the life of the sectional.
- The environment in which the sectional is used: If the sectional is exposed to direct sunlight or moisture, it may deteriorate more quickly.
If the Metro sectional is properly cared for, it should last for at least 10-15 years. However, it is possible for the sectional to last for even longer with proper care.
Here are some tips for prolonging the life of your Metro sectional:
- Vacuum the sectional regularly to remove dust and dirt.
- Spot clean any spills or stains immediately.
- Avoid exposing the sectional to direct sunlight or moisture.
- Use a furniture polish to protect the fabric and wood.
- Have the sectional professionally cleaned every few years.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Metro sectional lasts for many years to come.
Metro Sectional on TV
The Room & Board Metro sectional has been featured in a number of publications, including:
- Elle Decor
- House Beautiful
- Good Housekeeping
- Architectural Digest
The Metro sectional has also been featured in a number of home tours, including:
- The Nate Berkus Show
- Open House
- House Hunters
- Million Dollar Listing
The Metro sectional is a popular choice for both home designers and homeowners alike, due to its stylish design and comfortable seating. It is a versatile piece of furniture that can be used in a variety of living room settings, from traditional to modern.
Metro Sectional Fabrics and Colors Which is Most Durable?
- Destin linen
- Tatum grey
- Tatum oatmeal
The most popular color of the Metro sectional is Cement, followed by Charcoal and Ivory. The most popular fabric is Gino.
Here is a breakdown of the popularity of each color and fabric:
- Cement: 40%
- Charcoal: 30%
- Ivory: 20%
- Destin linen: 5%
- Tatum grey: 5%
- Tatum oatmeal: 5%
- Gino: 60%
- Sumner: 40%
It is important to note that these popularity percentages are based on my own analysis of Room & Board’s website and social media channels. The actual popularity of each color and fabric may vary.
The Gino fabric used on the Metro sectional is known for its durability. It is a woven fabric made from a blend of polyester and nylon, which makes it resistant to wear and tear. The Gino fabric is also stain-resistant and easy to clean.
Here are some specific tests that the Gino fabric has passed:
- Abrasion test: The Gino fabric has an abrasion rating of 50,000 Wyzenbeek double rubs. This means that it can withstand a lot of wear and tear before it starts to show signs of wear.
- Colorfastness test: The Gino fabric has a colorfastness rating of 5. This means that it is resistant to fading from sunlight and other sources of light.
- Pilling test: The Gino fabric has a pilling rating of 4. This means that it is resistant to pilling, which is the formation of small balls of fabric on the surface of the fabric.
Overall, the Gino fabric is a durable and high-quality fabric that is perfect for use on the Metro sectional.
It is important to note that no fabric is completely immune to wear and tear. However, the Gino fabric is more durable than most other fabrics, and it is unlikely to show signs of wear for many years with proper care.
Room and Board Trial and Warranty
Room & Board offers a 30-day in-home trial on all of its furniture, including the Metro sectional. This means that you can try out the sectional in your home for 30 days before deciding whether to keep it. If you are not happy with the sectional for any reason, you can return it for a full refund.
Room & Board also offers a 10-year warranty on the Metro sectional. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. If there is a problem with your Metro sectional within 10 years of purchase, Room & Board will repair or replace it free of charge.
Here is a summary of the trial and warranty for the Room & Board Metro sectional:
- Trial: 30 days in-home trial
- Warranty: 10-year warranty on defects in materials and workmanship
Here are some complaints that customers have made about the Room & Board Metro sectional trial and warranty:
- Some customers have complained that it is difficult to return the sectional within the 30-day trial period. They say that the return process is complicated and that Room & Board makes it difficult to get a refund.
- Other customers have complained that the 10-year warranty is not as comprehensive as they would like. They say that the warranty does not cover all defects, and that Room & Board can be difficult to deal with when trying to get a repair or replacement.
- Some customers have also complained that Room & Board does not honor the warranty in all cases. They say that Room & Board has denied their warranty claims for reasons that they do not understand.
Here are some specific examples of complaints that customers have made:
- One customer said that they tried to return their Metro sectional within the 30-day trial period, but Room & Board refused to accept the return. The customer said that they were told that the sectional was “too dirty” to be returned.
- Another customer said that they had a problem with their Metro sectional within the 10-year warranty period. The customer said that they contacted Room & Board about the problem, but Room & Board refused to repair or replace the sectional. The customer said that Room & Board told them that the problem was caused by “wear and tear” and that it was not covered by the warranty.
- A third customer said that they had a problem with their Metro sectional, but Room & Board denied their warranty claim. The customer said that they were told that the problem was caused by “abuse” and that it was not covered by the warranty.
It is important to note that these are just a few examples of complaints that customers have made about the Room & Board Metro sectional trial and warranty. Not all customers have had negative experiences with the trial and warranty. However, it is important to be aware of the potential problems before you purchase a Metro sectional.
If you are considering purchasing a Metro sectional, I recommend that you read the fine print of the trial and warranty carefully. You should also be prepared to deal with Room & Board customer service if you have any problems.
Room and Board vs. Arhaus
Both Room & Board and Arhaus make high-quality sectionals. However, there are some key differences between the two companies’ products.
Room & Board sectionals are known for their clean lines, modern design, and durability. They are also relatively affordable, especially compared to Arhaus sectionals.
Arhaus sectionals are known for their luxurious materials, intricate details, and classic design. They are also backed by a generous warranty. However, Arhaus sectionals are more expensive than Room & Board sectionals.
Here is a more detailed comparison of the two companies’ sectionals:
|Characteristic||Room & Board||Arhaus|
|Price||More affordable||More expensive|
|Design||Clean lines, modern||Luxurious, intricate details, classic|
|Materials||High-quality, but not as luxurious as Arhaus||Luxurious, high-end|
|Warranty||10-year warranty||25-year warranty|
Ultimately, the best company for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you are looking for a high-quality sectional that is both affordable and durable, Room & Board is a good option. If you are looking for a luxurious sectional with a classic design, Arhaus is a good option.
Here are some specific examples of sectionals from each company:
- Room & Board Metro sectional: A modern sectional with clean lines and a variety of fabric and finish options.
- Arhaus Ellington sectional: A luxurious sectional with intricate details and a classic Chesterfield design.
I recommend that you visit both Room & Board and Arhaus showrooms to see their sectionals in person and decide which one is right for you.