The Emma Mattress is an all-foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed and manufactured in Germany. It is a popular choice for sleepers who are looking for a mattress that is both comfortable and supportive. The Emma Mattress is made with four layers of foam, including a top layer of memory foam that conforms to your body curves and provides pressure relief, a middle layer of Airgocell foam that is designed to be breathable and supportive, and a bottom layer of high-density foam that provides durability and stability.
The Emma Mattress is rated as a medium-firm mattress, which makes it a good choice for a variety of sleepers, including back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and side sleepers. It is also a good choice for couples, as it is designed to minimize motion transfer.
The Emma Mattress comes with a 365-night sleep trial, so you can try it out risk-free for a year. If you are not satisfied with the mattress for any reason, you can return it for a full refund.
Here are some of the benefits of the Emma Mattress:
- It is comfortable and supportive for a variety of sleepers.
- It is made with high-quality materials and construction.
- It comes with a generous sleep trial.
- It is relatively affordable.
The Emma Mattress
Emma is a European-based mattress company that was founded in Frankfurt, Germany in 2015. It is now a well-known brand that operates in several countries around the world, including the UK, France, Spain, Italy, and Australia.
The company’s mission is to provide customers with high-quality mattresses at an affordable price. They achieve this by using innovative technology and materials, such as memory foam and pocket springs, to create mattresses that offer both comfort and support.
In addition to mattresses, Emma also offers other bedding products such as pillows, mattress protectors, and bed frames. The company also offers a 100-night trial period and a 10-year warranty on its mattresses, which gives customers peace of mind when purchasing a new mattress.
Overall, Emma is a reputable mattress company that has gained a strong following in Europe and beyond due to its commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
What Products does Emma Offer?
Emma offers a range of bedding products, including:
- Mattresses: Emma offers three different types of mattresses – the Emma Original, the Emma Hybrid, and the Emma Original Foam. All of these mattresses are designed to offer both comfort and support, and they come with a 100-night trial period and a 10-year warranty.
- Pillows: Emma offers two types of pillows – the Emma Original Pillow and the Emma Cloud Pillow. The Original Pillow is made with memory foam and is designed to provide support for your neck and head, while the Cloud Pillow is made with down-alternative fibers and is designed to feel soft and fluffy.
- Mattress protectors: Emma offers a waterproof and breathable mattress protector that is designed to keep your mattress clean and hygienic. It is made with a cotton top layer and a polyurethane membrane that repels liquids and prevents dust mites and bacteria from penetrating the mattress.
- Bed frames: Emma offers two types of bed frames – the Emma Bed Frame and the Emma Ottoman Bed. Both of these bed frames are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be sturdy and long-lasting.
- Duvets and bedding: Emma offers a range of duvets and bedding, including sheets and duvet covers, that are made with high-quality materials and designed to keep you comfortable throughout the night.
Overall, Emma offers a wide range of bedding products that are designed to provide customers with comfort, support, and quality.
Overview of the Emma Mattress
Your mattress will arrive in a box and come compressed and wrapped. This makes it easy to get into your house. Here’s what it looks like out of the box.
The video below is a quick overview of the mattress.
How Much Does the Emma Mattress Cost?
Below are the current prices of the mattress before any discounts are applied.
The Emma Mattress cost varies depending on the size of the mattress. Here is a breakdown of the current prices for the Emma Mattress in the United States:
- Twin: $799
- Twin XL: $899
- Full: $1,099
- Queen: $1,299
- King: $1,449
- California King: $1,449
Emma also offers discounts on their mattresses from time to time. For example, they are currently offering a 50% off sale on their Emma Original Mattress.
It is important to note that the prices listed above do not include taxes or shipping. Emma offers free shipping on all orders within the contiguous United States.
Construction of the Emma Mattress
Below are the construction details as listed on their website. This mattress is made in the USA.
Climate regulating top cover
Breathable Air Comfort Cover
Adaptive Airgocell® foam
Pressure Relieving Visco-Elastic Memory Foam
Supportive Base Foam with Adaptive Cut-out Technology
My Emma Mattress Findings
As you can see in the picture below the Emma mattress sinks quite a bit. It is even more pronounced as you add more weight. This makes it an ideal mattress for people that like to sink in the mattress and get maximum pressure relief.
The video below illustrates motion transfer. Since it’s an all foam mattress, motion is contained. What I found interesting is that the top layer is very resilient and recovers almost instantly. This gives the mattress just a little bit of bounce.
The cover is made for optimal airflow. It is a zippered cover so is removable as well. There is venting along the side so air can dissipate from the top and sides. The cover also grips the mattress better than other covers I have tried. This gives it a solid feel. It also has handles form making it easier to rotate and transport the mattress.
Here’s how each layer of the mattress looks.
Here you can see more of the inside of the mattress and where the holes in the base layer are placed to provide better contouring for your shoulders.
This video shows how each layer reacts. The top layer sinks and recovers quickly while the transition layer provides the support and pressure relief.
The cover has handles stitched into the sides to make rotating and transporting easier.
Where Can I Buy the Emma Mattress?
The Emma mattress can be purchased directly from the Emma website or from various authorized retailers, depending on your location. Here are some options for where to buy the Emma mattress:
- Emma website: You can purchase the Emma mattress directly from the Emma website. They offer free delivery and returns, as well as a 100-night trial period.Amazon: The Emma mattress is also available for purchase on Amazon in certain regions.
- Brick-and-mortar stores: Depending on your location, you may be able to find the Emma mattress in physical stores. In some countries, Emma has partnered with retailers such as John Lewis and Bensons for Beds to sell their products in-store.
- Other online retailers: In some regions, the Emma mattress is also available for purchase from other online retailers such as Wayfair or MattressOnline.
Before purchasing the Emma mattress, be sure to check for any ongoing promotions or discount codes on the Emma website or from authorized retailers.
My Emma Mattress Recommendation
Emma offers three different types of mattresses – the Emma Original, the Emma Hybrid, and the Emma Original Foam. Here is a breakdown of which mattress may be best for each sleeping position:
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers generally require a mattress that offers both support and comfort. The Emma Original and the Emma Hybrid mattresses are both good options for back sleepers. The Emma Original mattress offers a balanced medium-firm feel that supports the spine, while the Emma Hybrid offers additional support with pocket springs.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers generally require a mattress that offers pressure relief and support for the shoulders and hips. The Emma Original and the Emma Hybrid mattresses can both work well for side sleepers, but the Emma Original Foam mattress may be the best option due to its softer, more contouring foam layers that help relieve pressure points.
- Stomach sleepers: Stomach sleepers generally require a mattress that offers firm support to prevent the hips from sinking too deeply into the mattress. The Emma Original and Emma Hybrid mattresses can both offer good support for stomach sleepers due to their firmer feel.
- Combination sleepers: Combination sleepers who move between sleeping positions may require a mattress that offers both support and flexibility. The Emma Hybrid mattress is a good option for combination sleepers due to its combination of foam and pocket springs that offer support and pressure relief while allowing for ease of movement.
Overall, the best Emma mattress for you will depend on your individual preferences and needs. However, the Emma Original and Emma Hybrid mattresses are both versatile options that can work well for a variety of sleeping positions.
I really enjoyed the feel of this mattress. You get a somewhat soft mattress without all the drawbacks. You get to sink into the Emma but it doesn’t sleep nearly as hot as other soft mattresses. I think that’s in large part to the open cell foam layer at the top and the design of the cover. I recommend this mattress for side and back and occasional stomach sleepers that want a soft mattress where you sink into it just a bit.
I found it very easy to change positions on this mattress and when you do, the mattress recovers quickly so you aren’t left with impressions. This mattress comes with a 100 night trial and a 10 year guarantee. If you aren’t happy with it during the 100 nights, returns are free as well.
Emma Mattress vs.
The Emma mattress and the
- Emma Original vs.
NectarOriginal: Both mattresses are made with memory foam and offer a medium-firm feel. The Emma Original has a more balanced feel with a top layer of breathable foam, while the NectarOriginal has a thicker layer of memory foam and may feel slightly softer. Both mattresses offer good motion isolation and pressure relief, but the Emma Original may be a better option for those who sleep hot due to its breathable top layer.
- Emma Hybrid vs.
NectarLush: Both mattresses combine foam and pocket springs for a balance of support and pressure relief. The Emma Hybrid has a thinner layer of memory foam and a firmer feel, while the NectarLush has a thicker layer of memory foam and a slightly softer feel. The Emma Hybrid may be a better option for those who prefer a firmer mattress and want more support, while the NectarLush may be better for those who want a softer feel and more contouring.
- Emma Original Foam vs.
NectarMemory Foam: Both mattresses are made entirely of foam and offer a soft, contouring feel. The Emma Original Foam has a slightly firmer feel than the NectarMemory Foam and may offer better support for back sleepers. The NectarMemory Foam has a thicker top layer of memory foam and may be a better option for side sleepers who need more pressure relief.
Overall, both Emma and
Praise for the Emma Mattress
The Emma mattress has been featured in several publications and media outlets around the world. Here is a list of some of the most notable ones:
- Forbes: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Foam Mattress” by Forbes in their annual list of the best mattresses.
- Good Housekeeping: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Value Foam Mattress” by Good Housekeeping in their annual bedding awards.
- Real Homes: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Mattress for Back Sleepers” by Real Homes in their annual bedding awards.
- T3: The Emma Hybrid mattress was named “Best Mattress for All Sleepers” by T3 in their annual bedding awards.
- The Independent: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Mattress for Side Sleepers” by The Independent in their annual bedding awards.
- Evening Standard: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Mattress for Comfort” by the Evening Standard in their annual bedding awards.
- Which?: The Emma Original mattress was named “Best Buy Foam Mattress” by Which? in their annual mattress survey.
- The Guardian: The Emma Original mattress was featured in a review by The Guardian, which praised its support and comfort.
Overall, the Emma mattress has received positive reviews and accolades from a variety of publications and media outlets, highlighting its quality, comfort, and value.