Brooklinen is a home goods company that was founded in 2014. The company is best known for its high-quality, affordable bedding, but it also offers a variety of other home products, such as towels, bathrobes, loungewear, and candles.
Brooklinen products are made with high-quality materials and are OEKO-TEX certified, which means that they are free of harmful chemicals. The company also offers a 365-day warranty on all of its products.
Brooklinen is a popular brand among customers, and it has received positive reviews from a variety of publications, including Good Housekeeping, Forbes, and The New York Times.
Here is an overview of some of Brooklinen’s most popular products:
- Sheets: Brooklinen sheets are made from 100% long-staple cotton and are available in a variety of weaves, including percale, sateen, and linen. Brooklinen sheets are known for being soft, durable, and breathable.
- Bedding: Brooklinen offers a variety of bedding products, including comforters, duvets, pillows, and mattress toppers. Brooklinen bedding is known for being high-quality and comfortable.
- Towels: Brooklinen towels are made from 100% Turkish cotton and are available in a variety of sizes and colors. Brooklinen towels are known for being soft, absorbent, and durable.
- Bathrobes: Brooklinen bathrobes are made from 100% Turkish cotton and are available in a variety of sizes and colors. Brooklinen bathrobes are known for being soft, absorbent, and luxurious.
- Loungewear: Brooklinen loungewear is made from soft and comfortable fabrics, such as modal and cotton. Brooklinen loungewear is perfect for relaxing at home.
Overall, Brooklinen is a well-respected brand that offers high-quality home products at affordable prices. If you are looking for new bedding, towels, or bathrobes, Brooklinen is a great place to start your search.
I received a free Brooklinen down comforter for review. Want to stay toasty warm all year long? Brooklinen now has a down-filled comforter that will get the job done. At only 25 ounces, it is extremely light but because of its high fill power (700) it insulates very efficiently. Think of sleeping under a giant down-filled jacket. So, what is fill power?
Fill power is a measure of the loft or “fluffiness” of a down product that is loosely related to the insulating value of the down. The higher the fill power the more air an ounce of the down can trap, and thus the more insulating ability an ounce of the down will have. Fill power ranges from about 300 (in³/oz or 175 cm³/g or Lorch 75 mm/30g) for feathers to around 900 (in³/oz or 520 cm³/g or Lorch 225 mm/30g) for the highest quality down. Higher fill powers are associated with a larger percentage of down clusters and a larger average down cluster size.
Patagonia has a 800 fill power jacket that sells for $229. You can get a queen size 700 fill power for $299!
Unboxing the Brooklinen Comforter
Below I give an overview of the comforter
My Brooklinen Down Comforter Findings
I live in Minnesota where the temperature can easily drop to minus 20 or more in January and February. With our house being over 100 years old, it’s not very well insulated and our boiler has a hard time keeping up. Having warm clothes and warm bedding is essential. Last winter we had 4 layers of bedding to keep warm. So far, I am only using this comforter to keep warm and sometimes even that can be a little too warm! Granted, it is only late November but I am very happy with how well it insulates.
Below are the full specifications of the Brooklinen all season comforter.
- 700 Fill Power
- Full/Queen 88″ x 90″
- King 104″ x 90″
- 25 oz. weight for maximum versatility
- 500 thread count shell
- 100% Long Staple Egyptian Cotton
- Baffle-box construction
- Made in Canada
To give you a sense of value, Pacific Coast Down’s Ultimate Extra Warmth comforter only has a 600 fill power and costs $549.00. It is a little bigger at 90″x98″. But even the king-size Brooklinen is less at $379.00
Watch how it splays out on our king-size bed. I reviewed the king-size comforter. With comforters, if you have a queen-size bed I recommending going with a king comforter. It’s always nice to have extra to share.
My Brooklinen Down Comforter Recommendation
If you live in a part of the county that gets snow. That means its cold enough where you should consider an all-season down comforter. I turn down my thermostat at night to save energy and to sleep better. Having a quality down comforter will keep you cozy and warm all night long. A quality down comforter like this one will last decades. Real down will last longer than synthetic so it is a worthwhile investment.
Learn more about the Brooklinen Brooklinen Down Comforter Here.
Check out the Down Comforter review from Parachute Home as well.
Disclosure: We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we may get a small share of the revenue. I have an affiliate relationship with Brooklinen
Here is a table that compares the two Brooklinen down duvet alternatives:
|Brooklinen Down Alternative Comforter
|Brooklinen Cotton Blanket
|Synthetic shaved microfiber
|100% cotton sateen
|Lightweight, all-season, ultra-warm
|Lightweight, medium weight, heavyweight
Brooklinen Down Duvet Insert Pros, Cons, and Complaints
Pros of the Brooklinen Down Duvet:
- Soft and fluffy
- Breathable and temperature-regulating
- Durable and long-lasting
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Responsible sourced down
- 365-night sleep trial and 10-year warranty
Cons of the Brooklinen Down Duvet:
- Can be expensive
- May be too warm for some people
- Requires regular fluffing and maintenance
Common complaints about the Brooklinen Down Duvet:
- Some customers have complained that the duvet is not as warm as they expected.
- Others have complained that the duvet is too bulky and heavy.
- A few customers have also complained that the duvet leaks feathers.
Overall, the Brooklinen Down Duvet is a high-quality product that is well-received by most customers. However, it is important to note that down duvets are not for everyone. If you are looking for a duvet that is very warm or lightweight, a down duvet may not be the best choice for you. Additionally, down duvets can be expensive, so it is important to weigh the pros and cons before making a purchase.
Here are some tips for choosing and caring for a Brooklinen Down Duvet:
- Choose the right warmth level for your climate and personal preferences. Brooklinen offers three warmth levels: lightweight, all-season, and ultra-warm.
- Make sure to fluff your duvet regularly to keep it soft and fluffy.
- Wash your duvet according to the care instructions. Brooklinen duvets are machine-washable and dryer-safe, but it is important to use a gentle cycle and low heat.
- Store your duvet in a cool, dry place when you are not using it.
If you are considering purchasing a Brooklinen Down Duvet, I recommend reading the customer reviews carefully to get a better understanding of the pros and cons of the product.
Brooklinen’s main competitors include:
- Parachute Home
- Boll & Branch
- West Elm
- Pottery Barn
- Tuft & Needle
- Silk & Snow
- Eve Sleep
- Hill House Home
- Helix Sleep
These companies offer a variety of similar products to Brooklinen, such as bedding, towels, bathrobes, and loungewear. They also compete on price, quality, and customer service.
Brooklinen stands out from its competitors by offering a wide variety of products, including sheets, duvet covers, comforters, pillows, towels, bathrobes, and loungewear. The company also offers a variety of colors and patterns to choose from. Additionally, Brooklinen offers a 365-day warranty on all of its products.
However, Brooklinen’s products are also more expensive than some of its competitors. Additionally, some customers have complained that Brooklinen’s shipping is slow and that the company’s customer service is not always responsive.
Overall, Brooklinen is a good choice for people who are looking for high-quality bedding and other home products at a moderate price. The company offers a wide variety of products to choose from and a good warranty. However, customers should be aware that Brooklinen’s products can be more expensive than some of its competitors and that shipping and customer service can sometimes be slow.