Overview of the JoybedYou can order your Joybed directly from their website. It will ship quickly as it is made in the USA and comes with a 120-night trial which means free shipping to you and free returns if you decide you don’t like it within the trial period. The mattress will arrive via UPS to your doorstep in a box. This mattress doesn’t have foam and so will be ready to sleep on just a few hours after opening. Here’s a quick video overview of the mattress.
How Much Does the Joybed Cost?Below are the prices of the Joybed LX model as listed on their website. [table id=44 /]
Construction of the JoybedThe Joybed LX and the other Joybed models have a fairly simple construction but they are layered in a way to provide good transitioning. Below are the construction details of the LX model as listed on their website.
Fabric Cover Organic Cotton
Inside Material Layers Plant Fiber Cotton Wool Cotton Padding
Innerspring Support Pocketed Coils with Active Edge SupportAll the materials come from American suppliers. From the top down:
- We start with a top layer of innovative plant fibers woven to provide fire protection, naturally. Without chemicals, potato and bean plants are woven into a layer creating a safe, fire resistant mattress. And because it’s plant based, it’s also breathable and adds to your sleeping comfort.
- Next is a cotton layer we source from a southern, family owned American supplier. Cotton fibers are naturally soft and breathable, allowing air to circulate around your body. The fiber’s superior structure helps wick away and release body moisture as you sleep. Your sleep is improved in a dry and comfortable environment which helps you sleep better and wake more rejuvenated in the morning – a key to a healthier life! Cotton is naturally hypoallergenic keeping a clean and healthy sleeping environment without the use of chemicals. In fact, cotton farming is regulated by the USDA as a food crop, in addition to being annually renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Cotton is also more durable than foam and will hold its loft longer than foam, which compresses faster than cotton over time.
- Underneath the cotton is a layer of wool. Unlike synthetic fibers which are smooth, wool fibers have a textured surface that hold large amounts of air serving as a year round comfort layer keeping you cool and dry as you sleep. Wool helps regulate your sleeping temperature by keeping you cool when it’s hot and keeping you warm when it’s cold. Wool also helps wick moisture away as you sleep keeping you dry. When your body is able to sleep in a breathable bed that’s cool and dry, you’re able to sleep deeper, longer and awake feeling stronger and more alert. Wool’s fiber structure also has the added benefit of being naturally fire resistant. Learn More About Cotton & Wool.
- We then put a second, generous layer of cotton.
- All of these natural comfort materials are supported by individually pocketed coils that contour to your body and provide proper support. There’s also a double column of coils along the outer edges providing robust edge support so you can sit or rest comfortably all the way to the edge of the bed. They’re encased in a synthetic wrap, a rare use of man-made materials (less than .01% of the mattress by weight.) We even use a plant based glue to adhere certain materials in the spring system.The number of individually pocketed coils by size:
- King 975
- Cal King 958
- Queen 789
- Full 681
- Twin 536